Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bombay House

Whenever we get a chance to go out to eat we ALWAYS go to "our restaurant". In our opinion there is NOTHING better then a spicy hot plate of authentic Indian food!

We Love Bombay house! Eating at Bombay House is not just about the food—it’s about the adventure, the experience. It is a complete cultural submersion for all five of your senses.The rich aroma of exotic spices; the rhythms and songs of an ancient culture; warm, intimate lighting; vibrant murals portraying scenes from Indian life and legend; oven-toasted flat bread warming your fingers as you tear a piece to eat; the exquisite flavor of sumptuous food, cooked to perfection

Our favorite meal is:
Assorted Snacks


- vegetable samosa, onion bhaji, chicken pakora, and vegetable pakora

**I LOVE the onion Bhaji**

Chicken Tikka Masala

- boneless chicken barbecued in tandoor oven, then cooked with bell pepper, onions, garlic, ginger, tomatoes, cream and spices

**As HOT as they can make it** (Most the time we pay for the spices with a sick stomach later but its worth it!)

This weekend Nick was feeling spontaneous and he ordered

Mango Ice Cream

(favorite homemade Indian ice cream made with Indian mango pulp, vanilla, and cream)

for dessert with out my permission...But honestly who in their right mind WOULDN'T want to try it! So I'm not complaining. :D

This was the BEST ice cream I had EVER tasted!! It was creamy mango goodness! haha sprinkled with sugared coconut! That is the best way to describe it...

I highly recommend it, and think you should ALL go give it a shot, it was delicious!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

So, I've never been to the Bombay House and now I have to go...I need to have this cultural submersion for my 5 senses. :)

PS - I see nothing wrong about blogging about your favorite restaurant! It's like free advertising for the restaurant! :)

Mandi said...

dang! I didn't have a clue what any of that food was...I've never heard of any of those things...I need to go check it out and find me some culture!

Kristi said...

When I was in college, I had to do a project on the Bombay house. We need crayon overlay drawings, measurments and I even built a miniature model of the place. I like the flat bread and a few other items, but Kevin loves that place.

Camilla and Tim said...

I LOVE the Bombay house.. You really should give the new place on Center street a try its called like India garden or something, I can't remember for sure, but its really good too.

Brianne & Jarod said...

I LOVED that place!