You know those days, and times when you see something that sends your mind racing back to your childhood? You just cant help yourself, you have to buy it, because of the above reason.
Nick and I were spending our Tuesday the way we love spending days together. Window Shopping. We are normally pretty good about only looking and not touching but every once in a while, we just cant help it. Yesterday was one of those times.
We decided to stop at a store that we had never been in before called Funfinity in Orem. We were not sure if it was a toy store or a hobbie(ish) store. We walked in and I am pretty sure we both turned into 4 year olds in heaven. homemade fudge, games, sucker making kits, toys, activities, and SO much more. We looked, touched, and played with everything we could. ridiculous I know....
Nick and I were spending our Tuesday the way we love spending days together. Window Shopping. We are normally pretty good about only looking and not touching but every once in a while, we just cant help it. Yesterday was one of those times.
We decided to stop at a store that we had never been in before called Funfinity in Orem. We were not sure if it was a toy store or a hobbie(ish) store. We walked in and I am pretty sure we both turned into 4 year olds in heaven. homemade fudge, games, sucker making kits, toys, activities, and SO much more. We looked, touched, and played with everything we could. ridiculous I know....
Right as we walked through the doors I saw a Pixi Stick making machine. Something they often had at my elementary school carnivals. My mind went racing. Nick had never gotten to make one before so we thought now would be a good time for another first.


As funny as it sounds we had so much fun. After close to an hour in the store we left feeling like children with a box of homemade fudge (in all different flavors), and a giant pixi stick!Cant wait until the baby is here and we get to take s/him to fun stores like that, and see the childhood magic in action.
Pregnancy Update: Had another Doctors appointment on Monday. Everything is still looking good. Hearts beating strong and steady. Dr Carn says it still is sounding like a girl to him (but they are only right half the time). I had a few weeks of relief, but morning sickness is back. sigh....O well. I will have another ultrasound in about 4 1/2 weeks and I will be HALF WAY THERE! Whoohoo!

3 comments:
Fun, fun! I am going to have to go check that store out! It's too bad your morning sickness is back, I hope you feel better again soon!
So i haven't had a chance to look at your blog in forever and didn't know that you were pregnant!!!!! That is so awesome!!! I'm so excited for you!!! you are going to be great parents!
Oh, that's so awesome! I'm totally going to find that store and play there with Zach! We went to Park City this past weekend and wanted to go to this awesome old-school toy store, but it was closed :( I love things like this though. Way to please your inner child. I think it's part of how we stay sane while we're grown-ups.
Post a Comment