Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Morning..I think we should move to Australia. :D


















Yup, Thats my car, my Mazda3....with a smashed in window... :'(

Yesterday morning I got home at 8:02am from sleeping at my Grandma's house, because Nick was working graves. :) I parked and noticed a woman driving a brown Truck with a cab on the back. She was having a really hard time trying to back into a stall and park. I had never seen the truck in the parking lot before but didn't think much of it. I went in the house to get ready for church. Nick came home from work about 20 min later. As he walked to the apartment he walked right past the mazda and didn't see anything wrong with it. We both finished getting ready for church and left our apartment at about 8:50am. As we walked up to the car it was obvious someone had broken in.


We called the police and they came up to take a look at everything. When they asked what was missing...well lets just say it was a little awkward to tell them that they stole out radar detector :) but the Cop just laughed and said it was better than the guy that got mugged last week that got his drugs stolen :) anyway, he then proceeded to tell us that one of his partners just caught some people robbing a house a few blocks away that had a radar detector on their seat.The cop asked us to drive down to the house where they had the people to verify that it was Nick's radar detector. We drove down and sure enough it was. I noticed that the truck that Nick was looking in was the same brown truck that I had seen earlier that morning. I got out of our car and went over to the Policeman and told him that I had seen that truck and the woman driving it earlier that morning when I got home in our parking lot. They asked me if i had seen her well enough that I could identify her. I said yes. They took us down to where they had the people handcuffed and the woman I saw in the truck was one of them. I identified her as the woman I saw, and they put her in the police car.

If they continue denying that they committed the crime I will have to go testify as the main witness of the crime...I REALLY just hope they admit to it!!

Well, its pretty crazy how much crime is going on in the world, its sad that you have to constantly be watching your back and everything going on around you.

just FYI while we were talking to the Police they told us that the #1 stolen item from cars are, ipods, laptops, and cell phones. Make sure to keep all of that stuff out of sight, and if possible out of the car!

10 comments:

Rowbury Family said...

I don't get it!

All About Austins said...

The post was not finished....:) now it is :)

Rowbury Family said...

Haha....Sorry...That really sucks! I'm sorry that it happened but please don't move to australia! I hope that everything works out for you guys and you don't have to testify! Good Luck!

Wendy said...

I'm sorry, that's such a crappy way to start your Sunday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you don't have to testify.

Holly said...

Oh my word! That's terrible! I'm so sorry...what a rotten way to start a Sunday. I'm glad you got your radar detector back though. I'll bet it makes you even more anxious to move into your own home!

Mandi said...

you have a blog! yipee...I got one when I got married to..PEER PRESSURE! we got our apartment broken into in provo as well...happy valley? hmm...

Brianne & Jarod said...

Well that is sure an exciting Sunday, right? Glad to hear that was all that was stolen, so sorry about your window! I think it is great that you were able to help identify the woman! GO KATELIN!!

Kristan Carter said...

I can't believe that story. I am so sorry. And so glad you found my blog. Looks like you to are so happy. See you soon.

Melani said...

Crahzay!!! Will your insurance cover the broken window?

All About Austins said...

no, but the people they caught have to pay restitution...we will prob get the money back in a few years :) haha