Friday, July 25, 2008

Home Sweet Home



Nick and I have been looking to buy a house the last little while. We found a really nice (brand spanking new) Town House in Spanish Fork that we are wanting to get into by October, and the most important thing is....its the right price. :)

As we have been looking around I have caught myself being really ungrateful for what I have, because I want something BETTER, something nicer, something more expensive. My aunt owns First Home Mortgage and we are going through her to get our loan. We were talking to her the other day about all the people that get "stuck" with their house payment or end up going bankrupt etc. due to getting into debt with house payments, credit cards, car, and student loans etc... It made me think of all the times I have though the past few months as we have been looking..."thats nice we really don't need anything more... but for $10, 000 more we could have _____."

The last few days I have been thinking about how dumb I have been for even THINKING that... we could have it SO much worse. It made me think how lucky we really are to not be stuck in debt...We are very lucky that we have been able to both have jobs that allow us to work and go to school full time so that we can pay our tuition without having to take out loans etc...not only that, but we have great benefits with our jobs as well as extra spending money. Makes life a whole lot less stressful.

Pretty much...I am going to try harder to be more thankful for what I DO have and not wish I had more....We are in an ideal situation right now...not struggling and no debt. I am thrilled!




(Our Apartment, not AMAZING..but Home! :D)



5 comments:

Rowbury Family said...

Thats so exciting that you are thinking about buying a house! I'm jealous. I think you apartment is cute! Love the banana chair!

Kristi said...

Nice couches!

Mallory said...

i think your apt is cute! but that will be awesome once you guys buy a house!! then you can do whatever you want!!

Brianne & Jarod said...

Wow you are so grown up. Keeping a budget and everything! I have been living in apartments for over 10 yrs. now, but know that it is for our good...and one day I will get the house I want :) Way to be smart about it!!

p.p.s you are still my accident prone Katelin aren't you!!

Mandi said...

your apartment is so home-ey with the wreath, and every kitchen utinsel imaginable!