Friday, January 15, 2010

The Baby's Room

I am still working on getting the baby's room completely decorated. I have a few odds and ends that I have to get done such as putting up some vinyl lettering, putting pictures in picture frames, and organizing a little more. But, for the most part the room is done.

The pictures are not true to color, but close enough. I decided to go with the "Old Americana" theme. I think its turned out great. :)

Here is the Crib and Bedding. I found the bedding a while ago and loved it. Its called "Little Patriot". I got such a great deal on it too, so that was a plus!This elephants name is Ashby. Jenn Cherry (my cousin's wife) crocheted it for the baby for Christmas! It was her first time trying a project like this, so she named it Ashby, since the name started with the letter A. She wants to do one for every letter of the alphabet. How cute did it turn out though!! She even stitched some cherries on its hind end to remind us that no matter what the cherries have our backs. :) When I opened up the gift I thought it was the most adorable thing I had ever seen!
The Shelf above the dresser.
I am planning on filling those empty picture frames with some family pictures we get taken after the baby is here.
For Some Reason I just like this hamper :)
I couldn't find any curtains that matched, so, I just made my own. Pretty basic, but they do the job.
I needed to find a way to stay organized. So, this is what I came up with for right now. Its working great! We have a full sized closet for the baby so the other half has been reserved for clothes, toys etc. and in this half I have all the bath stuff, lotions, diapers, wipes etc. Now I just need to get all the baskets labeled!

So, there it is! Now all I need to do is put the finishing touches on...and Wha-la!

6 comments:

L3 said...

I love it!

Kylie said...

That is SO cute! I LOVE it! The bedding is adorable. It all turned out so well

Kristan Carter said...

YOur room is adorable...So creative and I love the patriot theme...really super cute...Great organizing idea...I have been looking for one....I am excited to see this BABE!!

Anonymous said...

I think it is so cute!!! I love the theme! You did a great job on the curtains.

Audrey said...

Cute

Samantha F. said...

How very patriotic of you Katelin. It's quite the cute room, lucky baby of yours I just know he/she will love it.