Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Nursery already?

This past Sunday was Kinley's first week in Nursery.  She did great.  I went in with her with the intent of staying this week the whole time just so I could see how she did.  But, the nursery leader kicked me out after about 10 min of her being just fine. Darn nursery leaders!  Just kidding! :)  Walking away I was a little sad, I felt really empty handed, and didn't quite know what to do with myself.  I mean, the past 18 months I cant really tell you anything I have heard in church.... but hey we still went..that's what was important right? ;)  So, I headed to the meeting and sat there and listened.  It was kind of nice to be able to pay attention again.  During the second hour Nick and I went to teach our Sunday school class.  We teach the 14-15 year olds.  While we were teaching my little brother Tyler stuck his head through the door ( they are in the ward before us) because all his friends are in our class. My Mom was quickly following to tell him to stop interrupting us and noticed Kinley wasn't there.  When they asked where she was I told her that she went to Nursery this week.  My Mom looked me in the eyes and said, "I hope she just took hold of some strangers hand and walked right in there without you, and didn't even care if you were there!"  HARSH!  Right?!  Gosh, why would a Mom ever say that?!  Well, I guess I did that to her :)  I went right in with no prob when I was little with my cousin.  So, I guess I deserved it.  However, after thinking about it for a second.  I felt much better about leaving here there alone caring less if I was there or not, than I would have if she was crying and did care.  So thank you Kinley for not caring, you made my life a little lot easier on me and my emotions! 


1 comment:

Leslie said...

What a cute post!!! I love it Katelin. Maybe you won't be quite so lucky with this next little one!!!! :) Being a Mom really is the best isn't it.