Wednesday, December 2, 2009

T'was December 1st

Twas December 1st, at the Austin house
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse. The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, In hopes that St Nicholas soon would be there.

The Christmas Decorations are up, and the gifts are
wrapped. Now to enjoy the holiday season!

Watch where your standing or you just might get a big wet one! XOXO!

The Stockings are hung (Nick's is the Santa stocking, and mine is the Snowman)

Winter is Welcome! Now where is the Snow?!

Childhood Memories
Growing up I always had a Countdown to Christmas. It was tradition to put a little Christmas figurine in one of the boxes every night before bed. Back when my mom first made our family's countdown box, she also made my Grandma Cherry one. My Grandma gave me the countdown to use with our family (since she doesnt use it anymore) It was a lot of fun setting it up and I look forward to continuing this tradition when we have children.

Nick always kept track of how many days til Christmas with an advent calender. So we made sure to get one of those too. :)
We cant forget the true meaning of Christmas!
The day after Thanksgiving Nick and I headed over with my Family to pick out a Christmas tree. I don't think there is anything better than having a real Christmas tree at Christmas. It smells great, and looks so beautiful. Last Night we brought it in the house, and got it all set up, and decorated. :) Even though this is our 3rd Christmas being married this is the first time we got to put up our "1st Christmas Together" ornament. :) Nick and I in front of our First Real Christmas tree. (Sorry the picture is so dark. My Camera battery was dead, so the cell phone had to do)The finished product!
Even Samba got a little something to start of the Christmas Season!

Merry Christmas to ALL, and to ALL a good night!

2 comments:

Kynsie said...

Very Cute Katie! :) Love ya

Becca said...

I checked out your blog recently but didn't have time to comment. Look at how freakin' cute your house is! I LOVE IT! You should probably come and decorate MY home. Haha.

hows the babe doin? but mostly how is the mama carrying the babe doin?