Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Girls Camp...and Nick

Let see what else we need to catch up on...

I was called as the assistant camp director for our ward in the Oakhills 5th Ward. I was really overwhelmed at first since we had just moved in and I dint know ANYONE!

However, its over now and everything went great! We were going to be going up to camp Mia Shalom...till we found out that it was snowed in about 10 feet deep...but we ended up getting reservations up at Heber Valley Camp and it was Wonderful! Heated bathrooms and showers! (for all you out there saying "That is SO not camping!" I have something to say to you.....you are SO right! and it as great!) :)

Nick "got" to go up with as as his calling was to be the priesthood for camp. :) He was a trooper :) didn't complain once and he was sleeping in the car in the snow. :) Thanks for all your help Pal.

It was a very successful week!

Get Ready.... Aim...... Fire!










Our target practice "Aiming for and hitting our goals" with sling shots was a hit...even Nick had fun!

We also mad little cars out of cake...look at our mad skills!


Camp in all was a lot of fun! :)

2 comments:

Holly said...

i am so jealous over your heated showers! I can't wait for camp, but I'm not so excited for a week with no showers :( It looks like Nick had fun too. I'm glad he was able to go with you.

Rowbury Family said...

OH my how I miss girls camp!!! Remember the "Dumb and Dumber" skit....the best skit ever!