
Its Crazy to me looking back on my life how fast things change. It seems like just yesterday that I was playing at the park across from my house. Flying a kite with my Dad and younger sisters as a little girl. Last night I was talking to my mom about everything that was going on up on Grandview Hill and what was going on with all the people I know and have had relationships with as a child, teenager...and still a teenager :) ...as strange as it is to have a relationship with the crossing guards and the mail lady..:)..they are sometimes the most amazing people and the people that influence you the most. During our conversation she told me a few things that really hit home. She told me that all the plans Provo school district has been making to tear down Grandview Elementary had gone through and everything was final. The school that I went to from Kindergarten to 6th Grade. The park that I played at from the time I was 2-19 years old. Its just one of those things that makes you a little bit sad...but you know there is nothing that you can do about.
When Change happens its always hard but somehow things always work out. However, when things like this happen it always makes me remember that I need to cherish what I have..not take advantage of the people and places that I love because one day...they might be gone..Last night when I was talking to Nick I told him that sometimes I wish we didn't live so close to everything I grew up around, because what I don't know wont hurt me and he reminded me that I should be glad I live so close so I can take advantage of the opportunity I have to let those people know how much they have influenced my life. (Thanks Pal, It made me feel a lot better). I think this is something that we all need to think about..because fact of the matter is, change is everywhere and we all take advantage of things that we just "have", but we need to make sure we appreciate everything that happens in our lives. Good or bad, so we don't regret not taking advantage of an opportunity to thank or be appreciative later when the opportunity is gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment